Monday, February 15, 2010

One step foward, two steps back.

North Bondi Classic. Infinitely smoother than the roughwater. Given that extra beer last night this is an excellent thing.

Panic attack upon getting past the break and for the first time ever, I really think I won't be able to make it. 35 sea lice stings later, I consider hailing down one of those rubber duckies full of life guards. My arm burns to the point where I no longer recognise it as my arm, rather some flaming paddle, viking style. Water, water everywhere and not a drop to quench. It turns out I still Can Too, but not with any particular grace, speed or style. Reach the finish line and head straight to first aid, giving my colleague quite a "she's drowned" scare.

Funnily I thought I'd gotten over the panic attacks and that I'd outgrown my childhood allergies. Apparently not.

Have signed up to do another 2.7km swim on Sunday and if I don't enjoy it - I won't even attempt 5km. I'll settle for 2.6km on April 26. Man it feels weird just typing that.




No comments:

Post a Comment